Planning an autumn wedding? You might want to consider incorporating these fall cocktails into your big day.We love the changing of the seasons, especially fall! What better to welcome the chilly weather than with crisp, refreshing fall inspired cocktails! The cool weather is a perfect reason to infuse fall flavors into your wedding cocktails. You can create your own signature fall cocktails that all of your guests will love. Below is a list of our favorite fall cocktails!
Spiced Cider MargaritaA fall twist to a classic cocktail, the spiced cider margarita will make your guests fall in love. The spiciness of the cider blends nicely with the tartness of the margarita, creating the comforting taste of fall. Ingredients:
- 5 ounces spiced apple cider
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- .5 ounces Grand Marnier
- 1.5 ounces mescal or gold tequila
- Start by rimming the glass. In a small bowl, combine the raw sugar and cinnamon. Pour a splash of Grand Marnier into a separate bowl.
- Dip the rim of the glass in the Grand Marnier to moisten it.
- Then immediately dip the glass in cinnamon sugar. (enough for 4-5 cocktail glasses.)
- Pour all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake until well combined.
- Pour over ice into your rimmed cocktail glass and serve.
- Garnish with an apple slice, a cinnamon stick, and a dash of ground cinnamon if you like! Cheers!
Honeycrisp Apple SangriaSangria is a perfect fall cocktail for your wedding. This drink is a great introduction for the cool weather. And who doesn't love a good sangria? This sangria combines red wine, brandy, cinnamon, apple cider, citrus, and sweet honeycrisp apples. It explodes with flavors of cinnamon, cider, and apples, everything we love about fall in a single glass. Ingredients:
- 3 cinnamon sticks (plus more for garnish)
- 2 honeycrisp apples, chopped
- An orange, thinly sliced
- 1 (750 ml) bottle red wine (light-bodied Spanish variety)
- 1 3/4 cups apple cider
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup orange juice (or juice from 2 medium oranges)
- juice from 1 lemon
- club soda, to taste
- Place the cinnamon sticks, apples, and orange slices in a large pitcher.
- Add wine, apple cider, brandy, orange juice, and lemon juice.
- Allow to sit in the refrigerator for 6 - 24 hours.
- Taste; if you'd like it to be sweeter, add 1-2 tablespoons granulated sugar, honey, or agave.
- Pour in the sangria with fruit and add a splash of club soda
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick, if desired. Cheers!
For more on this fall cocktail see Sally's tips and tricks.
Apple Cranberry Moscow MuleMoscow Mules are one of the most popular cocktails right now. What better way to ring in the fall season than with one of your favorite drinks infused with cranberry and apple flavors. The flavor combo is perfect for an evening wedding in the chilly night air. Ingredients:
- 4 ounces vodka
- 1/4 cup cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup sparkling apple juice
- 2 ginger beers
- fresh cranberries for garnish
- Fill two large glasses with ice.
- Add the Vodka and cranberry juice.
- Add the sparkling apple juice and then fill the rest of the way with the ginger beer.
- Stir gently to combine and serve immediately.
- Garnish with cranberries. Cheers!
Rosemary Maple Bourbon SourFor my bourbon drinkers this fall cocktail is for you! It's a magically blend of sweet and sour, an interesting autumn take on a classic. Ingredients:
- 3 shots bourbon
- 1 & 1/2 shots fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 shot dark amber maple syrup
- 1 large sprig of rosemary (plus 2 small sprigs for garnish)
- Crush the large sprig of rosemary in your hand and add it to the shaker.
- Add the bourbon, lemon juice, maple syrup and ice to above the level of the liquid and shake.
- Strain the mixture into rocks glasses containing large cubes of ice.
- Garnish with remaining rosemary sprigs. Cheers!
Pumpkin Spice MartiniIt is not officially fall until you see pumpkin flavored everything. Which is why having a pumpkin spice martini at your fall wedding would be totally acceptable. It's a fun, delicious cocktail that will have your guests talking. Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons pure pumpkin puree
- 3/4 oz. simple syrup
- 2 oz. vanilla vodka
- 2 oz. Bailey's Irish Cream liquor
- 1/8 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add pumpkin puree, simple syrup, vodka, Bailey's, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Shake for about 30 seconds.
- Pour shaken mixture through a strainer into a martini or cocktail glass.
- Sprinkle with additional pumpkin pie spice
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick, if desired.